can you believe i’m 35 weeks now?! i can’t!
In week 35, the average baby weighs around five to six pounds and measures about 16 to 19 inches in length. Your baby will begin to gain weight more rapidly than ever before – adding about one half to three-quarters of a pound each week from this point forward. And healthy fat is being deposited all over your baby’s body, especially around the shoulders.
Because of his size, your baby may move around less as his surroundings become more cramped. His head may be resting on your pubic bone in preparation for labor and delivery.
Other developments are also taking place this week:
– The central nervous system will continue to mature.
– The lungs will most likely be fully developed by Week 35.
– Baby is beginning to develop daily activity cycles. You may notice that Baby is often more active at night when you’re trying to rest! (he is still doing a good job sleeping when i do…most of the time!)
– Even thought they won’t be considered ‘full-term’ until the end of the 40th week, Baby’s respiratory and digestive systems are nearly mature.
– Baby’s immune system is starting to develop.
– The umbilical cord is now about 20 inches long and one to two centimeters in diameter; at birth, it will be about two feet long and a half-inch thick.
jerry works with a lady who was due a week before me. well, she had to go into the hospital the other day, and they performed a c-section on her. jerry said he didn’t think it was serious or anything, and the baby is fine. (a girl, and he doesn’t know her name.)
it is just so crazy to think that at ANY time now, jeremiah could be born!!!! i definitely have to get my bag packed.
here is what the expectant parents’ class suggested i pack:
cd player and music
food for jerry
cards, books, videos, time-passers
camera, film, video cam
change of clothes for jerry
going home clothes for jeremiah and me
reading and writing material
bra and panties
seems like quite a big bag to me!!! lol! anything that you experienced mamas think i need to ADD to that list, or things that i DON’T need that were on that list? i’d appreciate it! 😉
well i need to get dressed. jerry is off today. wonder what we’ll do today? finally get a tree maybe? :p
please keep jennifer in your prayers – she was supposed to be induced on thurs. it’s still too soon to hear from her, so just keep praying for her and ian!!!