A friend was lamenting over the lack of Mother-Son songs for the Mother and Son dance at her son’s wedding. Having four sons, and hoping to someday have daughters-in-law, I set out on a hunt! I decided to be very selective and only use highly appropriate choices.
If you know of a song you feel would fit perfectly, please leave the title or video in the comment section. 🙂
From Mother to Son:
- Seems Like Yesterday – Melissa Smith, really perfect. She wrote it to dance with her son on his wedding day!
Song only available at this place: https://www.reverbnation.com/singersongwriter30
Video: <https://youtu.be/NPgVxCIOoV0 (to hear)
- It Happens in a Heartbeat – Teresa James, beautiful. She also wrote it to dance with her son to.
Video: https://youtu.be/rhtcsA928EE (to hear whole thing)
- Evermore – Alison Krauss, beautiful, from the very unusual Dog Train Sandra Boynton album
- Better Together – JJ Heller, beautiful, from her wonderful second lullaby album. A Jack Johnson song.
- Never Alone – Antebellum and Jim Brickman, for letting son go.
Video: https://youtu.be/Zsdlgrnjphg (to hear the whole thing)
- He Gets That from Me – Reba McIntire, sweet, especially if Mom lost son’s dad.
- A Song for My Son – Mikki Veirik, kind of cheesy to me, but it might fit someone’s need.
- The Man You’ve Become – Molly Pasutti, another sort of cheesy one to me, at the same time it’s a tear jerker, but it might be perfect for someone.
Video: https://youtu.be/tsLlUnUICQM (to hear the whole thing)
- Little Boy on His Knees – Cheri Keaggy, not really great dance material, but someone who grew up singing it with her son might want to use it.
From Son to Mother:
- Everything – Matthew John, tearjerker!
Video: https://youtu.be/3v9YSng8zNI (to hear the whole thing)
- All to You – Scott Keo, kind of a simple tribute to Mom from the son, but it’s cute.
- Letter to My Mama – Edwin McCain, kind of harder, but sweet.