Amanda at Stellar Manic Mommy2 nominated me for a Liebster award! I’m not sure if I really deserve it, because I did a bit of research after my nomination last night.
It’s supposed to be for newbie bloggers, with under 200 followers. It’s unclear the kind of followers, but since I have under 200 G+ followers, I guess I can accept…
To be honest, the whole Liebster award thing was kind of confusing, and with good reason. It was created in 2010, by a German blogger. “Liebster” means many different things, but all of them are good. Sweetie, sweetheart, beloved, dearest, boyfriend (lol), etc.
I still wanted to know more. The most comprehensive answer I found was it is not a *real* award; it’s actually kind of like a chain letter for smaller blogs to get more visitors, and it has been altered in many ways in the short four years it’s been around. I’m fine with this.
Thanks so much to Amanda, and here are the 11 questions she had for me:
1. Whats your favorite quote?
I adore all of Colossians 3, but this one “Colossians 3:16 – Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.” kind of sums me and who I desire to be up pretty well.
2. Where is your dream vacation?
(Image credit: Vichaya Kiatying-Angsulee at FreeDigitalPhotos.net)
3. What do you love about blogging?
I love being able to get it all out there. Even if no one reads it, just the fact that I wrote it down in a permanent sort of way feels really good to me. Although, I must admit, I prefer it when things are read. 🙂 I am a Words of Affirmation type of personality, so I love it when I hear about how something I wrote helped someone, or how they just *got* exactly what I was trying to convey.
4. Why did you choose to start blogging?
I love to write, and originally started blogging because I wanted a place to say everything I wanted to say, pretty much like an online journal. It was 2002, when family blogging was big, and I wanted to start a family. Back then, all the blogs I visited had cute country prim graphics, blinkies, web-rings and cliques. Oh, the good ole days. 😉
5. What is your favorite animal?
(Image credit: pixabay)
6. If you could meet a famous person (who has passed away), who would you pick?
If you’d asked me this two weeks ago, I honestly don’t know who I’d say. But now, I’d say Robin Williams. I would want to let him know how much I love him and how much I want to see him in Heaven…
7. Do you have children? If so, what are their names?
Yes! Four boys: Jeremiah, Josiah, Jamin & Jace.
8. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Pay off all debts. Sell our home. Buy land (probably in Texas) to build a house on (of course with a home for my mom and dad as well). Hire a housekeeper so Jerry and I have time to write. Give to our current church. Donate to JDRF (see below). Help out friends who need extra help. Buy a used but nearly new minivan and small car. If there is enough, I would love to open a Gluten-free Primal restaurant – actually, just PHD compliant would work. 😉
9. What is your favorite charity?
I’m not sure it technically counts as a charity, but JDRF – Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. My second son has T1, so it’s close to our hearts.
10. If you could tell a soldier fighting in the war, what would you tell him?
11. What is your favorite Holiday?
Resurrection Sunday. He is risen!
I am leaving the choice of acceptance to the blogs I’m nominating: You can accept the award and continue the fun, or you can accept an honorary award and let it end with you. I do not believe it will jinx your site or anything if you don’t continue it on your site, as some seem to believe. 😉
I think it’s just a way to showcase lesser-known blogs who deserve to be seen because they are great, so those are the types of blogs I’m choosing. These blogs are inspirational, well-written, fun and engaging.
Now my 11 blogs (some are owned by people I know from the online world, others I don’t know at all! But I just love the blogs and the inspiration they bring), and to tell the truth I have no idea about the number of followers each of them has! And here they are, in alphabetical order (since I’m crazy that way!)
1. Alecia @ Learning2Walk
2. Ashley @ This Heart
3. Jaime @ Through a Glass, Darkly
4. Jules @ Mom on the Fly
5. Julie @ Multiple Blessings
6. Kaylene @ Faithful Feat
7. Kori @ Just Another Mom
8. Michele @ Daily Blessings
9. Rachel @ Dysfunctionally Normal
10. Rosenda @ Pink Little Casa
11. Sandy @ Verses from Mama
My 11 questions for you:
1. What was the last thing you ate?
2. What time is it right now? Also include your time zone. 🙂
3. What is your favorite Disney film?
4. Do you have any pets?
5. What is your favorite scent/smell?
6. Who do you most admire?
7. How did you come up with your blog name and is there a meaning behind it?
8. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
9. Do you have any bad habits?
10. What do you do in your “spare time” when you’re not blogging?
11. If you could have any talent you do not currently possess, what would it be?
That’s all I’ve got for you! If you decide to accept this award and pass it along, please let me know in the comments and leave your post url. 🙂