Third child and nothing has changed. We went in to the hospital because Jenn’s contractions were less than 5 minutes apart, some much stronger than others. Just like with Josiah and Jeremiah we were sent home. The nurse told Jenn that she was still 2 1/2 to 3 cm dilated and only 50% effaced, contrary to the doctor’s statement, at an earlier appointment, that she was 90% effaced. Even though Jenn’s contractions grew more intense while we were at the hospital, there was no change in her cervix so the doctor decided to have us sent back home. Induction via pitocin wasn’t an option since she is, technically only 37 1/2 weeks pregnant and there is a chance that the Jamin’s lungs haven’t fully developed yet. The nurse said that no doctor in the country would induce after 37 1/2 weeks without a sound medical reason. For the safety of the baby and insurance reasons, it just wasn’t possible. Which is frustrating because both Jeremiah and Josiah started out the same way. There were frequent moderate contractions that developed into stronger intense contractions with both pregnancies. But also with both, Jenn’s cervix wasn’t progressing naturally on it’s own. She was sent home both times only to be back and be induced. We are worried that the intensity of the contractions will follow the same pattern as the previous two pregnancies and steadily get worse without changing the cervix. Especially since inducing was ruled out (for the time being).
Please pray for us. Jenn is really frustrated and discouraged right now and she says she feels “stupid” because we got sent home again. The best thing would be for the birth to hold off for few days giving Jamin’s lungs time to fully develope. If that is God’s will, pray that Jenn’s contractions will not be too intense in the time being. If Jamin should come early, pray for his health and safety. And finally, pray for Jenn to have peace and patience to know that this will all be done in God’s time not ours. Thanks for reading my babblings and thank you for your prayers.